- Lesson plans and activities are available on the Salmon in the Schools – Seattle website.
- Additional Educational Opportunities visit pages 18 and 19 in the Teacher Handbook
Care and Maintenance
- “Best Care and Maintenance Practices”
- Also – consult the Maintenance Section of the Handbook
- Chiller repair
Some teachers have found the following forms useful to have in the classroom or posted by the tank:
Purchasing Supplies and Equipment
We have created a list of items that would be required to set up the tank for raising your salmon. These are provided as information only. This is not an endorsement of the products or retailers. Go to the list. The exit fixture for the external chillers can either be purchased or made from items available at your local hardware store. Click to see the AquaEuro Hookup instruction.
- Friends of the Issaquah Salmon Hatchery (FISH)
- Fauntleroy Watershed Council
- Carkeek Watershed Community Action Project
- Salmon in the Schools – Seattle
- School Cooperative Program – Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife